1. Can I join the FOLK hostel immediately without attending any program in ISKCON?
You need to attend 'Secrets of Success' workshop level 1 and 2 (Click here to register online) and enroll yourself for weekly 'FOLK sessions'. Therefater, a simple screening interview will be conducted, clearing which, you can stay in the FOLK hostel.
2. If I’m married and my family does not stay in Bangalore, can I avail the FH facility?
No, you cannot since this facility is only for unmarried men between 16-30 years of age.
3. I come from a religious family where no one drinks or smokes. If I live here, will it affect me?
Certainly not. All boys who live here are screened thoroughly to ensure that they don't smoke or drink.
You can live here among people who do not have these bad habits and who are religious.
4. If I stay in the Koramangala FOLK hostel and change my job to ITPL locality, will I
have to exit and then re-join?
No. Since our hostels are widely spread throughout the city, you just need to fill a hostel change form and can shift to another hostel within a day.
5. I leave for college early in the morning and cannot come in the afternoon for lunch. Does
that mean I’ve to take lunch in my office by paying extra?
No. We send breakfast and lunch to all hostels by 8 am. You can have your breakfast and pack your
lunch and go to college in the morning itself. In this way, you don’t need to buy lunch.
6. Will I get North Indian or South Indian food?
As we have boys from all states living in the FOLK hostels, we supply hygienically-prepared food which is a mix of all the states and caters to everyone’s need.
7. Can I avail only the accommodation and not the Prasadam facility?
The idea behind the FH is to provide a Krishna conscious environment to you. The Prasadam we provide in the FH is satvik, offered to the Lord, delicious and nutritious. Having Prasadam along with other residents will help to develop a bonding with them.
8. If I fall sick, will the temple management help me in taking me to the doctor?
Certainly. Since you will be a part of our FH family, we will certainly help in sending you to a doctor / hospital along with a co-resident of yours, if required. We will contact your family members / anyone else you want and inform them about your ill-health. Hence we insist on knowing your medical history, illnesses, contact nos. in case of emergency etc. beforehand to help us handle such situations in an efficient way.