https://folknet.in /FOLK APP is a property of ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK), NonProfit, established under laws of India, having its registered office at ISKCON Bangalore (Non-Profit,) Hare Krishna Hill,Chord Road, Rajajinagar,Bengaluru 560010,
The terms “FOLK“, “Company”, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to the ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK). The term “ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) Platform” refers to https://folknet.in or the ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) mobile application or any other digital medium and other offline sources.
The terms “you” and “your” refer to the user of the https://folknet.in.
The term “Group” means, with respect to any person, any entity that is controlled by such person, or any entity that controls such person, or any entity that is under common control with such person, whether directly or indirectly, or, in the case of a natural person, any Relative (as such term is defined in the Companies Act, 1956 and Companies Act, 2013 to the extent applicable) of such person.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU:
We might collect your Name,Contact Number, Email ID,Date of Birth (DOB), Gender, Marital Status, Residential Location, Occupation, Area in the City, device info and upload the collected users’ Primary Account information to our backend at https://us-central1-folk-bf69e.cloudfunctions.net
We might collect information about your skill sets and talent you possess in areas like but not limited to Music,Dance,Theatrics, Graphics and Video Making, Cooking Skills, Literary and Public Speaking Skills, Organizing Skills, Leadership Skills, Technical Skills, Sports Activities
We might collect details like but not limited to experience, participation level, achievements in the areas you possess talent or skills
Government ID Proof
We collect your government id proof for KYC and As per government of India Security norms.
Payment and billing information:
Information you post:
Usage and Preference Information:
ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) Platform, as well as on third party sites and services that have embedded our Pixels, widgets, plug-ins, buttons, or related services.
We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, and information about your activity on the Services, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), the type of Services you requested or provided, comments, domain names, search results selected, number of clicks, information and pages viewed and searched for, the order of those pages, length of your visit to our Services, the date and time you used the Services, amount charged, details regarding application of promotional code, methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number and other related transaction details.
Stored information and files:
ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) mobile application (ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) app) may also access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information. If you permit the ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) app to access the address book on your device, we may collect names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our services and for other purposes described in this Policy or at the time of consent or collection. If you permit the ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) app to access the calendar on your device, we collect calendar information such as event title and description, your response (Yes, No, Maybe), date and time, location and number of attendees. If you are a partner company, we will, additionally, record your calls with us made from the device used to provide Services, related call details, SMS details location and address details.
We may collect demographic information about you, events you like, events you intend to participate in, tickets you buy, or any other information provided by you during the use of ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) Platform. We might collect this as a part of a survey also.
If you use ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) Platform, we may collect information about your IP address and the browser you’re using. We might look at what site you came from, duration of time spent on our website, pages accessed or what site you visit when you leave us. We might also collect the type of mobile device you are using, or the version of the operating system your computer or device is running.
WAYS OF COLLECTING INFORMATION:
We collect information directly from you:
- We collect information directly from you when you register on ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) Platform. We also collect information if you post a comment on ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) Platform or ask us a question through phone or email or any other source of communication.
We collect information from you passively:
- We use tracking tools like Google Analytics, Google Webmaster, Google Cookies for collecting information about your usage of our website.
We get information about you from third parties:
- We may receive information about you from third parties, such as other users, partners (including ad partners, analytics providers, search information providers), or our affiliated companies or if you use any of the other websites/apps we operate or the other Services we provide. Users of our Ad Services and other third-parties may share information with us such as the cookie ID, device ID, or demographic or interest data, and information about content viewed or actions taken on a third-party website, online services or apps. For example, users of our Ad Services may also be able to share customer list information (e.g., email or phone number) with us to create customized audience segments for their ad campaigns.
- If you are partner company, we may, additionally, receive feedback and rating from other users.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We use information to contact you:
- We might use the information you provide to contact you for confirmation of a purchase on ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) Platform or for other promotional purposes.
We use information to abide by the contracts:
- We might use the information you provide to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the relevant information and services.
We use information to respond to your requests or questions:
- We might use your information to confirm your registration for rendering services we offer.
We use information to improve our products and services:
- We might use your information to customize your experience with us. This could include displaying content based upon your preferences or interests. We might also use your information to understand our users (what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.), improve the content and features of our Services (such as by personalizing content to your interests), process and complete your transactions, make special offers, provide customer support, process and respond to your queries and to generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, our user base and Service usage patterns. If you are a partner company, we may use the information to track the progress of your service to our customers.
We use information to look at site trends and customer interests:
- We may use your information to make our website and products/services better. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties. We may use your information to provide you with information about services we consider similar to those that you are already using, or have enquired about, or may interest you. If you are a registered user, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS or telephone or whatsapp or any mode of communication) with information about these services.
We use information for security purposes:
- We may use information to protect our company, our customers, or our ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) Platform.
We use information for marketing purposes:
- We might send you information about special promotions or offers or discounts. We might also tell you about new features or products or services or enrol you in our newsletter. These might be our own offers or products or services, or third-party offers or products or services we think you might find interesting. We may use the information to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
We use information to send you transnational communications:
- We might send you emails or SMS/WhatsApp about your account or purchase of our product/services.
We use your talent information :
We use your talent information to provide you a platform to showcase and enhance your talent.
We collect/ use your Government ID Proof
We collect/use government ID proof as per security norms of Government of India in case you are availing accommodation facilities in our campus. We collect/use government ID proof for KYC (Know Your Client) and certification purposes.
We use information as otherwise permitted by law:
- We may combine the information that we receive from third parties with the information you give to us and information we collect about you for the purposes set out above. Further, we may anonymize and/or de-identify information collected from you through the Services or via other means, including via the use of third-party web analytic tools. As a result, our use and disclosure of aggregated and/or de-identified information is not restricted by this Policy, and it may be used and disclosed to others without limitation.
- We analyse the log files of our ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) Platform that may contain Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring, app crashes, page viewed and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. This helps us to administer the website, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
SHARING/DISCLOSURE/DISTRIBUTION OF YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD-PARTIES:
We will share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf:
- We may share your information with our vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms and other service providers or business partners, such as payment processing companies, to support our business. For example, your information may be shared with outside vendors to send you emails and messages or push notifications to your devices in relation to our Services, to help us analyze and improve the use of our Services, to process and collect payments.
- We may also use vendors for other projects, such as conducting surveys. Some vendors may be located outside of India.
We will share information with Advertisers and advertising networks:
- While you cannot opt out of advertising on the ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) Platform, you may opt out of much interest-based advertising on third party sites and through third party ad networks (including DoubleClick Ad Exchange, Facebook Audience Network and Google AdSense). Opting out means that you will no longer receive personalized ads by third parties ad networks from which you have opted out, which is based on your browsing information across multiple sites and online services. If you delete cookies or change devices, your ‘opt out’ may no longer be effective to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
We will share information with our business partners:
- This includes a third party who provide us various services/products. Our partners use the information we give them as described in their privacy policies.
- While you place a request to order through the ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) Platform, your information is provided to us and to the vendors with whom you may choose to order. In order to facilitate your online order processing, we provide your information to that vendors in a similar manner as if you had made a goods/products/services with the vendors. If you provide a mobile phone number, ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) may send you text messages/emails/WhatsApp/Push Notifications regarding the order’s delivery status.
We may share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves:
We may also share it if a government agency or investigatory body or other companies assisting us, requests when we are:
- Obligated under the applicable laws or in good faith to respond to court orders and processes; or
- Detecting and preventing against actual or potential occurrence of identity theft, fraud, abuse of Services and other illegal acts;
- Responding to claims that an advertisement, posting or other content violates the intellectual property rights of a third party;
We may share information for Internal Use or may share it with any successor to all or part of our business:
- For example, if part of our business is sold we may give our customer list as part of that transaction. We may also share your information with any present or future member of our “Group” (as defined above) or affiliates for our internal business purposes
We may share your information for reasons not described in this policy:
- We may share your information other than as described in this Policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing. We will tell you before we do this.
By using the ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) Platform and the Services provided therein, you agree and consent to the collection, transfer, use, storage, disclosure and sharing of your information as described and collected by us in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree with the Policy, please do not use or access the ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) Platform.
- Authenticating users;
- Remembering user preferences, interests and settings;
- Determining the popularity of content;
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns;
- Analysing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviours and interests of people who interact with our services.
A pixel tag (also called a web beacon or clear GIF) is a tiny graphic with a unique identifier, embedded invisibly on a webpage (or an online ad or email), and is used to count or track things like activity on a webpage or ad impressions or clicks, as well as to access cookies stored on users’ computers. We use pixel tags to measure the popularity of our various pages, features and services. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether the message has been opened and for other analytics.
Platform and use our Services, as well as when you visit other online sites and services.
DATA SECURITY PRECAUTIONS:
We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to secure the information collected by us. We use vault and tokenization services from third party service providers to protect the sensitive personal information provided by you. The third-party service providers with respect to our vault and tokenization services and our payment gateway and payment processing are compliant with the payment card industry standard (generally referred to as PCI compliant service providers). You are advised not to send your full credit/debit card details through unencrypted electronic platforms. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and password which enables you to access certain parts of the ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) Platform, you are responsible for keeping these details confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through the ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) Platform. Once we have received your information, we will use strict physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, please email (firstname.lastname@example.org). It may take about 15 working days to process your request. Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still be sending you transactional messages through but not limited to email and SMS about your purchases of our product/services.
THIRD PARTY SITES:
This Policy shall also not apply to any information you may disclose to any of our service providers/service personnel which we do not require you to disclose to us or any of our service providers under this Policy.
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made and applicable there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Name: Veeresh (Vallabha Chaitanya Dasa)
Address: ISKCON Bangalore, Hare Krishna Hill,
West of Chord Road,
Bangalore 560010, Karnataka, India
Phone Number: 080 2357 8347 (Extn: 532)/ 9743121808
Email Address:: email@example.com
Further, please note that the ISKCON Bangalore (FOLK) Platform stores your data with the cloud platform of Google Cloud Platform provided by (Google), which may store this data on their servers located in India or elsewhere. Google Cloud Platform has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information, details of which are available at https://cloud.google.com/. The privacy policies adopted by Google Cloud Platform are detailed in https://cloud.google.com/security/privacy/.
If you have any queries relating to the processing or usage of information provided by you in connection with this Policy or other privacy concerns, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.